In episode 38 of the STANDcast Dwayne Hayes, editor in chief of STAND magazine, is joined by Jeff Wenzel and Mitch Nobis to discuss marriage: how marriage is different from what they expected, how kids change marriage, and lessons learned from marriage counseling. In addition, they mention Princess Bride, Silent Bob, and Syd Barrett. All this, and much more on STANDcast 38.
Episode 38 fast facts and info:
- Princess Bride and marriage
- Grumpy Mitch needs more sleep and empathy
- “What surprised me is that I have a good marriage”
- Are we saying the same things in different ways?
- “We’re so busy our marriage is great”
- Mitch does 95% of the laundry and “it’s a problem”
- Menus and submenus of marriage issues
- “My expectations were Hollywood driven”
- Norman Rockwell painting of a marriage
- Marriage is a grind
- “It’s a good thing my wife doesn’t listen to these”
- Shout out to Tyler!
- “Think 10,000 times before you have kids!”
- Warning: A very unpleasant sound effect from Fuzzy
- “Geez-oh-Pete, he bombards me with garbage”
- Syd Barrett
- It’s the marriage episode: don’t wear pants