Men, if you want to be the King of Breakfast on Saturday mornings and provide your family with a delicious and healthy breakfast we’ve got just the thing: Vegan Vanilla Blueberry-Strawberry Pancakes. These are easy to make and your family will be amazed at your mastery of the culinary arts!
Don’t be put off by the fact these pancakes are vegan. You and your kids will never know the difference.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ diced strawberries
Here’s what you need to do:
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and wheat germ. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture; set aside.
- In another bowl mix the flaxseed and the water with a fork and let sit for 2-3 minutes. Add vanilla almond milk and canola oil. Once mixed add this all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just till moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- Stir in the blueberries and strawberries and let the batter sit for a few minutes.
- Using a large spoon pour a spoonful onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat about 3-5 minutes on each side or until pancakes are golden brown, flipping over when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry. Makes about 12 silver dollar-sized pancakes.
Serve warm, enjoy, and bask in the accolades from your family.